Billing and Payments
The Village of Palm Springs Utilities bills all accounts every month. Each month the customer's water meter is either manually or electronically read by our field service representatives. These readings are then transferred to the billing system where they are updated and sent to our outside vendor for printing and mailing. Utility bills are mailed approximately the 15th of each month. They are due upon receipt. Any payments not received by 5:00 pm on the 8th of the following month incur a $15 late fee.
Customers may also choose not to receive a printed bill but rather an email notification when their bill is ready to view and pay. Our Utility Citizen Self Service portal allows each customer to manage their own username and password. From the portal customers may view their bill online. Customers may also view and compare their historical water usage, as well as view their account transaction history.
Ways to Pay Your Bill
Payments made be made using the following methods:
- Online - Online first-time users – Use the option “Register for a new account” Once the registration is complete, you will receive an email to verify your email address. You will need your Customer Number to access the payment screen.
- Electronic Funds Transfer Form (EFT) can be requested from our office - This will allow monthly automatic payment withdrawals from a checking or savings account on the first business day of the month.
- Online Recurring Credit Card Payments - A onetime payment is required before activation. The payments will be automatically deducted between the first and the fifth of every month.
- By mail - Mail your check payments to:
- Village of Palm Springs
- Utility Billing Department
- 226 Cypress Lane
- Palm Springs, FL 33461
There is a service charge for checks returned by the bank for any reason. The Village does not redeposit checks. In the event service has been disconnected due to a return check, the balance along with a reconnection fee must be paid to have service restored. The Village reserves the right to prohibit future payments with a check after on an account after a check has been returned.
Returned checks will incur a service charge in accordance with Florida Statute.
Disconnection of Services Due to Non-payment
If the previous balances have not been paid in full by the indicated shut-off date, your service is subject to disconnection. Once your service has been interrupted, the past due balance on the account must be paid in full as well as a reconnection fee of $60 to restore service.