1. Always STOP for school buses! Children are getting on and off the bus and may not see you. Let's help all children get to school and home safely! #ArriveAliveFL
2. Children are back at school - SLOW DOWN when driving through school zones!
3. BUCKLE UP your precious cargo! Make sure your children are always properly restrained in the appropriate car seat or booster seat. #ChildSafetyFL
4. Teach your children the importance of buckling up. Buckle up together and Arrive Alive together!
5. Watch for kids and bikes! Children are walking and biking to and from school and playing in your neighborhood. Stay alert!
6. Bike rides together are fun! Remember, SAFETY is for the whole family. Make sure everyone wears a helmet when riding a bicycle.
7. LOOK TWICE before backing up! Check for children behind you before getting in the car, and again before starting to back up.
8. Heatstroke kills - NEVER leave your child in a car. Make sure to lock your car and don't let children in your car without an adult. #CheckforBaby
9. Be the driver you want your kids to be one day. Always model safe driving behavior!
10. Take the time to practice with your teen. They need at least 50 hours of practice before getting their driver license. Make sure they are set up for success on test day! #TeenArriveAliveFL
For more information, please visit the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles website.