Planning, Zoning & Building
PLANNING, ZONING & BUILDING OFFICE WILL BE RENOVATED
STARTING TODAY (6/6/22)
DURING OUR RENOVATON, WE WILL ONLY BE PROCESSING SMALL PERMIT PACKAGES (I.E. FENCES, SHEDS, A/C’S, ROOFS, WINDOWS, DOORS ETC.) NOTHING WITH LARGE SIGNED AND SEALED PLANS WILL BE ACCEPTED DURING THIS TIME.
PLEASE CONTACT OUR OFFICE AT 561.584.8200 X8460 IF YOU ARE IN QUESTION IF YOUR PERMIT WILL BE ACCEPTED.
WE WILL STILL BE PERFORMING INSPECTIONS
SO PLEASE CALL THE INSPECTION LINE AT 561.584.8265 BEFORE 2PM THE DAY BEFORE YOU WANT YOUR INSPECTION
STARTING MONDAY - DECEMBER 13, 2021
PLANNING, ZONING & BUILDING
HAS NEW HOURS OF OPERATION
MONDAY - FRIDAY 8:00AM - 4:00PM
LAST IN-TAKE IS AT 3:00PM NO EXCEPTIONS
STARTING WEDNESDAY - JUNE 18, 2022
NEW CUT OFF TIME FOR INSPECTIONS WILL BE 2:00PM
PLEASE CALL 561-584-8265 TO SCHEDULE INSPECTIONS
BEFORE 2:00PM FOR THE NEXT DAY
COVID - 19
SEPTEMBER 14, 2020
BUILDING PERMITS & INSPECTIONS
We are limiting public contact due to the virus, but we are still here to service the community and our residents.
The Planning, Zoning & Building Department is open. We are limiting the number of customers to only 2 people at a time in our lobby. Masks are to be worn at all times when entering our lobby. Please contact our office at (561) 584-8200 Ext. 8460.
Staff is available to assist via telephone and email. Forms can be found on our website under the link Forms & Application
Our inspection services are as normal. Inspectors are to ask the client if anyone in the home has been sick, ill or not feeling well if the answer to any of these questions are yes, the inspection will be cancelled. We ask our clients to not schedule an inspection if anyone in the home is sick, ill or not feeling well. We have instructed all staff to follow the CDC guidelines on hand washing and social distancing of 6 feet. If a resident would like to cancel their inspection, they may do so, but will be responsible to reschedule at a later date. We will extend any permits for the foreseeable future based on either the inspector or customer not feeling safe about having contact.
- Administers Foreclosure Registration Program
- Administers Property Improvement (Grant) Program
- Coordinates Utility-Civil Plan Review & Approval
- Issues building permits, garage sale permits, outdoor or special event permits, business tax receipts and business permits
- Issues Land Alteration and Tree Removal Permits
- Issues Right-of-Way Permits
- Provides GIS Services for Village Departments
- Reviews and processes all annexations, land use changes, zoning changes, special exception applications, site plans, plats, variances, abandonments, revisions to the planning, zoning & building regulations, and Temporary License Agreements
Any questions regarding land use or development should be addressed to this department.
Zoning inquires may require an appointment. Please schedule an appointment with the Village Planner, Rogelio J. Perez Gonzalez directly by calling 561-584-8200 ext. 8462 or send him an email at firstname.lastname@example.org