Out of School Programs
For a copy of the Weekly Schedule by age group or the Summer Camp 2020 Flyer please contact (561) 964-8820.
Summer camp will return to Palm Springs beginning June 8 and run thru July 31. Village staff has implemented changes to ensure the safety and well-being of participants, staff and parents. Precautions include lower counselor to camper ratio, reduced capacity, enhanced cleaning procedures, reduction in field trips and campers will stay with the same group during the week.
A highlight of the changes we have made to the camp include:
- 9 campers to 1 counselor (per CDC guidelines)
- Campers will remain with the same group all week
- Each camp group will have a separate room
- Reduced total capacity to 27 total campers (capacity for week of June 8)
- Will attempt to maintain social distancing
- Counselors will wear face coverings
- Enhanced drop off procedures to include (temperature check and daily wellness questionnaire)
- Enhanced cleaning of equipment, rooms and use of equipment
Camp Age Groups (child’s age on June 8, 2020)
- 5 to 7 years old
- 8 to 10 years old
- 11 to 13 years old
Village staff reserves the right to alter age divisions based on registration each week. All activities, games and curriculum will be age appropriate.
Camp runs 9am to 4pm Monday thru Friday. Drop off is available starting at 8:30am. Pick up will run from 4pm to 4:30pm. Camp is held at 226 Cypress Lane in Palm Springs.
Before Care ($25 per week): will be held from 7:30am to 8:30am
After Care ($25 per week): will be held from 4:30pm to 5:30pm
Cost of Camp
Each camper is required to pay a $25 Camp Registration fee. This provides the camper with five (5) camp shirts and provides access to register for summer camp.
- Camp is $160 per week (9am to 4pm)
- Before Care is $25 per week (7:30am to 8:30am)
- After Care is $25 per week (4:30pm to 5:30pm)
- Multiple week discounts: 2 weeks receives $10 per week discount; 4 weeks receives $15 per week discount; 8 weeks receives $25 per week discount
- *$1 per minute for each minute after 5:30pm*
How Do You Register for Camp?
Camp registration will begin Friday, May 29. To register for camp you may register online on the Village of Palm Springs website or by calling the Village of Palm Springs Parks and Recreation Department at (561) 964-8820. If you register online it will require you setting up a household account in our Tyler Parks and Recreation web based software. Village staff will make available or email all documents that are required to be completed for registration. These documents are also listed here on the website under Camp 2020 Documents.
Due to limited capacity, advanced registration is required. In order to register for camp:
- Use the online portal and complete waiver process AND download all forms under Camp 2020 Documents, complete and return to Parks and Recreation Department
- Download all Camp 2020 Documents, complete and email all forms back to the Parks and Recreation Department. An invoice will be created and you may go online and complete payment.
Camp 2020 Required Documents
- Registration Forms (Signature Required)
- Participation Forms (Signature Required)
- Parent Handbook (Affirmation Form, Camp Participant Release, Camper Temperature Screening and Medical Care Consent Form)
Instructions for Registering Using Website
You may click on the link to go directly to the website or www.vpsfl.org and then I want to... select the pay for recreation program link and then hit Camps.
You will need to Sign In or Create an Account. Follow the steps to create a user and password.
Everyone will have to register for the appropriate age division MASTER, as this is a requirement for Village of Palm Springs Summer Camp.
Follow the prompts and once you have registered for the weeks you would like, hit Checkout and complete the steps as it requires.
NOTE: if you are registering for multiple weeks it will NOT apply the discount. The Village will manually refund you the discount once you have completed the applicable number of weeks.